Carrot Cake Waffles

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I saw this interesting recipe posted by Crystal over at Money Saving Mom, and since I just happened to have some cooked carrots left over from dinner, I decided to try it for breakfast the next day, with some healthy tweaks, of course. These were really good, so I'm excited to share this with you:

2.5 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
half teaspoon sea salt
4 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
(Or if you are in a pinch like I was, use 5 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the ginger and cinnamon)
4 eggs
1 cup pureed cooked carrots
1.5 cups milk, nut milk, or milk alternative (I used fresh cashew milk)
1 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 tablespoons of melted butter (or you could use olive or coconut oil)

I used my ninja food processor to puree the carrots along with the nut milk and eggs, then mixed everything else together and cooked in our waffle maker. These smell and taste great! You don't notice the carrots at all. We used pure maple syrup on them. Perfect!

No comments: