Ending the Juice Feast

Monday, February 06, 2012

So I did a lot of soul-searching last night, and had to work through my many issues related to being too hard on myself.  ("WHY do you want to quit?!  Is a 19 day juice fast long ENOUGH?!"  oh boy....)  Eventually got to the point where I felt it was healthiest for me to give myself a pat on the back for doing a 19 day juice feast/fast, and start to transition out of it.  I'm pleased with what I was able to do, and now know that I probably won't be looking to do another long juice fast until it's a time when I am not also juggling the responsibilities of schooling the kids.

I broke my fast this morning with a small smoothie, later had a juice that I made yesterday.  I plan to have some more juice during the afternoon, and hopefully a small salad tonite.  From what I've read, it sounds like coming off of a fast should be done gradually and with care.  Too much too soon can cause a lot of digestion issues or even stomach pains.  I'd like to transition out smoothly, and so I am.  :)

No comments: