Back After a Hiatus

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The blog has been quiet, and the newsletter lists have too. My dear grandmother died in early July, and there was a lot of resulting grief, travel, and weariness that went along with it. I was very close to my grandmother and she has been a major part of my family and our entire extended family. A huge loss for all of us, though of course we are so glad for her pain and health problems to be gone.

I know that a lot of people do not have the option to take time to rest and recover when life gets to be tough. Thankfully, I do, and I did. I took two weeks "off" from all non-essential business, and did not allow myself to scurry around making lists of business or homeschooling plans and to-do lists. It is easy for my brain to get overloaded with many thoughts, plans, concerns, and ideas, and I knew what I needed was as much rest and focus on my home and family as possible.

I enjoy the simplicity of folding laundry, gathering veggies from the garden, and being the lifeguard by the pool while the children played. I took naps whenever I felt like it. (lucky for me my children are old enough to play with their Legos and allow their mom to snooze) I cried when I felt sad, and the kids did too. I set the table with my grandmother's tablecloths and dishes and thought of her, even though it meant that I burst into tears no less than four times during the course of preparing the meal.

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. We did some painting in our living room and kitchen area, which I am very excited about. Today we need to put it all back together (pictures on the walls, furniture arranged, cleaning the areas that were revealed by pulling things out from their usual locations). And after that I've got to start getting my brain in gear for the upcoming school year plans, and continuing on with business plans and needs. I have so many ideas that I would like to share with you all, but so little time to make them available. Little by little I'll be doing my best to bring them to you as it seems the time is right.

If you're in need of anything at the store, please click through here to get a 10% discount on your order. You deserve it if you read through this whole post. ;) Coupon expires Sunday, August 9, 2009.

No comments: