Gardening, Huge Sale, and a Hot Offer! (and a very cute kid!)

Friday, June 29, 2012


It. Is. HOT. Here.

Is it hot where you are?

We have had over 100 degree temps here today, yesterday, and continuing for a few more days, they say.

Good thing that I have good garden workers like my youngest son!  He is 9 years old and he loves to help his dad with all of the planting, watering, weeding, and picking from our garden this year.  Our kitchen surfaces are generously covered with zucchini, summer squash, green beans, basil, peppers, and more.  With all of this hot weather, I suspect tomatoes will be in full-force within a week.  I have been testing out many recipes that use zucchini, in particular, in hopes of putting together a little zucchini recipe collection for you all.  Since our zukes seem to be coming on earlier than most other people that I am hearing from, I am hoping that I can find some award-winning recipes (Well, the Johns Taste Buds Award, anyhow!) into an ebook for you all.  I love how easily zucchini grows, but too often I have tried recipes that have not been all that good, and I feel like my ingredients have been wasted.  :(  Right now on the blog you can check out some of our favorites:

Zucchini Quinoa Patties
Chocolate Zucchini Cake (YES!)
Black Bean and Zucchini Taco Bake

My husband has handled all of the gardening this year.  He choose heirloom varieties and has been doing all the doin's organically.  You can read here about the essential oil concoction he put together to help keep the bugs away from our food.  :)

HUGE STEVIA SALE!  Due to changes in the marketplace that are SO good for you, the consumer, but not so favorable for me, the small business retailer  :), I have made the decision to liquidate all of my current inventory of Sweet Leaf Stevia.  You can read more about this decision here.  Please take advantage of these sale prices and stock up on all of your favorite flavors while they are available.  (Psst....know what else?  Read on to find out how to get FREE SHIPPING, too!)

FATHER'S DAY:  I dropped the ball.  You see, being a mere mortal mother that I am, sometimes things fall to the wayside.  Recently, I put together a Father's Day gift pack, and then never got around to telling you all about it.  :(  Sorry about that.  But fair is fair:  It's still up, and you can stock up on the gift packs through this weekend.  It's all good, no matter what day it is.  Right?  :)

Have you seen this thing on facebook where business and blog pages are mentioning that facebook has changed things up again, and now you won't see their posts unless you clickety-click something?  Yeah, well, I don't know how much truth to that there is, but I do notice that the stats I see are showing me that only 20-30% of you that have Liked the Supermom's Health and Wellness facebook page are actually getting to see the updates that I send out.  Every day or so I send out a recipe, link to an interesting article, ask questions, or do *something* that is related to healthy living.  If you haven't been getting those posts, would you click on over to the page, make sure it's "liked," and then also be sure that under the Like section you have checked "Show in News Feed."  Hopefully that will help.  And, hey--if it's all an urban legend, forgive me?  (I checked snopes.com and it isn't mentioned there....does that count as due dilligence?)

Since it is a hundred degrees out, I think we need a *hot* offer for you awesome people!  How about FREE SHIPPING on all orders of at least $100?  Great time to get your stevia, vitamins, and everything else you need!  This offer is good through the weekend.  (possibly longer, depending on how quickly I get back to changing the settings...)

No comments: