Peanut Butter Balls, take 2

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Those of you that have taken my class have my original peanut butter ball recipe that I grew up with when my healthy-eatin' grandmother would make them. I found a new recipe recently that I adapted and enjoy. Here's the original source, with several variations there that you might enjoy. Personally, my family and I didn't really like the almond butter versions, but your taste buds may vary!

1 cup healthy peanut butter (I like the crunchy kind and it works fine, but creamy would work too)
half a cup + 2 T raw honey (you could use agave if you don't have any honey available)
1 teaspoon vanilla
half cup + 2 T coconut flour
6 T ground flax seed (I use my coffee grinder for this purpose)
half teaspoon sea salt
optional: half cup chocolate chips or raisins

Mix it all up thoroughly and then form into balls and store in the fridge in a covered container. Once again, I use my pampered chef scoop to make this easy and mess-free!

My kids and husband scarf these up! Not low in calories, though, so go easy if you're needing to watch the waistline.

No comments: