Quick Update, and a New Sale!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Hey everybody!

It's been a crazy busy week or three here.....hence the lack of latest blog posts. I just sat down at the computer with a y-u-m-m-y bowl of healthy ice cream (recipe from my online class!) and wanted to check in with you all.

It has been 44 days since I stopped eating sugar, and I'm doing very well with that. I've lost a little more weight, too. I'm considering going on a juice fast for a week or two. I've had a lot of stress lately and I'm just not feeling as healthy or energetic as I'd like to. I've never done a long juice fast yet but have been reading about it online and thinking through whether or not I've got the time or energy for it right now. (juice fasting can produce a lot of detox symptoms which can be rough going while it lasts....basically, things feel worse before they feel better...can I deal with feeling worse?! I don't know...) At the very least, I'm busting out my Green Star juicer tonite so that I can make some delicious and refreshing juice made from carrots, celery, zucchini, beet, and apple tomorrow. Believe it or not, it is very light tasting, sweet, and wonderful!

I am also looking forward to taking my children to our local Earth Day Festival tomorrow. It is supposed to be a gorgeous day! (it was in the 80s here today)

Today I was THRILLED to see that my potato plants are growing!!! I've been eagerly awaiting to see if the above-ground method was going to work, and had just about given up hope. but today, there were some beautiful baby plants poking up through the straw. How FUN! The kids and I were just about jumping for joy at the sight of them. :) Now we have to get busy with the rest of our gardening plans. I feel like we are getting a late start!

Are you growing anything in your yard these days?

I also wanted to let you all know that I've got several items on sale this week:

My Supermom's No-Lice Hair and Body spray is at an all-time low for a limited time. If you've got kids or work with them, you will want to check this out.

Also on sale right now:
Super Dad Vcaps and Super Kids liquid multi vitamins!

What are you doing to improve your health this week?!

No comments: