Juice Feast Day 1

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday I went to the store and bought more 8 ounce glass jars, plus a big cart of fruits and veggies.  I went through my Kroger produce dept. and bought up anything organic that was on Manager's Special (marked down) since I knew I would be eating it soon.  Also had to get some non-organic items just because the selection was limited.

I've decided to do my juicing in the evening, to prepare for the next day.  With our school schedule, etc. I didn't think it would be realistic to think that I was going to start each day with juicing.  As it was for last night, it took me two hours to get all of the juice made and clean up.  Sounds worse than it was.

I made about 3-4 different types of juice.  One was straight fruit (juiced a bunch of leftover cut up oranges, grapefruits, and apples), one has cranberry, grapefruit, ginger, and apple, one had more veggies (cabbage, carrots, celery, etc.), and one had a lot of tomato.  The tomato one didn't work that well in the juicer and is the only one I am not liking today.

Woke up bright and early this morning (6:30) and had some juice.  Have watched the clock a lot, saying to myself, "OK, I made it another hour...." a lot.  LOL  Funny how in such a short time I am already craving a few things, even things that I don't normally like. I think just the mental issue of seeing food I like to eat, and realizing that it may be quite some time before I eat it again.  A big hearty salad, a fluffy baked potato, a juicy and cool orange, a rich and creamy avocado....   Have to keep riding it out until I get past this part, which I have heard will be worse in the next day or two.

I haven't been intensely hungry, just mildly.  I have been told that only about 8 ounces of juice can be utilized by the body within 30-60 minutes, so I'm trying to only have one juice per hour or so if I feel I need it.  I took a nap this afternoon, partially as a method to escape my cravings.  I am feeling kind of nauseous tonite.  That tomato juice really didn't sit well with me.  Won't be making any more of that anytime soon.  Everything else was good, and I have many more fruits and veggies waiting for me to do my juicing tonite.

One thing I have experienced is just feeling kinda chilly.  Thankfully, herbal tea is permitted on the juice feast, so I did have one cup of mint tea to help warm me a bit and soothe my nausea.

So far, so good.  On a scale of 1-10 difficulty, 1 being a total breeze, and 10 being the hardest, I'd say that today was maybe a 5 or 6.  Definitely doable.  It helps to keep my WHY in mind.

No comments: