Juice Feast--What day is this anyhow?

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I skipped a day of blogging, and now I don't know.....I guess this is day 12 for me, and day 3 for my husband.

Dave had a rocky first two days.  He's doing better today, although the ground venison cooking in the crock pot for our children all day has made it hard for both of us.  House smells good BUT WE WON'T BE EATING!!  Oh my sometimes this feels hard.

Today is one of those days when I need to remind myself why I am doing this.  Since my husband joined me and I've heard his "Know what I wish I could eat right now....." it has messed a little with my mental strength cocoon that I enjoyed for the first 10 days of my juice feast.  Getting through it, though, although today has caused me to wonder what my exit strategy will be.  When will I stop?  On the one hand, setting a date is good because you know what you're shooting for.  But what if I stop before then?  Will I feel like I've failed?  What if I go longer?  Then what will I be shooting for?  I don't know.  All I know is that today a nice black bean and wild rice dish with homemade guacamole and salsa and shredded carrots sounds really, really, really good.....

Thinking about diet, and man oh MAN I'll tell you what--conflicting information about health sure is frustrating!  One thing tells you to go all raw.  Another sells you on vegan or vegetarianism.  Another tells you how important meat and dairy are and how immature it is to think that you can be healthy without meat.  For crying out loud--HOW is a person to sift through it?

I guess the easy answer is to do a middle ground of real foods (non-processed, and local as much as possible), with a lot of veggies and some fruits as well.  (sigh)  I don't know.  Eating for health shouldn't be this hard!

So my quest to figure it all out continues, and of course testing it out on myself is going to be a big part of this.  When will I get to test it out and start eating again?  I haven't decided.  Stay tuned!

No comments: