Juice Feast Day 7

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well, I knew that it couldn't be easy for the entire time!

My sniffles, runny nose, and aches went full-strength all night and continue today.  It's like having a bad cold.  Nothing I haven't been through before, though I'm thankful I started this juice feast before we got back to school!  Hopefully by Monday I will be feeling much better.

I'm doing a lot of thinking and reading about how I want to eat once I'm done with this juice feast.  It's nice that once you're free of addictive foods and habits, you can make free choices.  I'm excited about that.

Evening:  Rough day here.  I went to my book group, plus had to pack orders, etc. so I forced myself through those things, but felt worse and worse.  Now add chills to everything else.  Thankfully, my younger boys are very enthusiastic about helping me juice, and they are doing most of the work of it tonite.  I do not know if I would have the strength to do it all by myself.

Did an epsom salt bath in the late afternoon, felt really wrecked afterward.  Took a long nap and thank goodness my nose cooperated so I was able to rest for a few hours.  Right now my goal is to finish the juicing and get the kids to bed, then crawl back into my bed for the night.

I will say that it has been really nice, though, that I've had no cravings.  The juice tastes good and I am doing fine, aside from the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, and chills!

No comments: