Getting Off Of Sugar: What I'm Eating Day 4-5-6

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 4:
Breakfast: fruit smoothie (banana, frozen blueberries and strawberries, a kiwi, and some juice). I had a glass of this plus enough leftover to make 5 healthy popsicles that are now in the freezer

Lunch: big salad (organic greens, some chopped up turkey breast, chopped tomato, salsa for the dressing)

Snack: honey whole wheat bread with healthy peanut butter

Dinner: homemade cream of mushroom soup (yum!)

Snack: 2 oranges

Day 5:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with some ham and shredded cheese
Lunch: We went out to eat for my mother-in-law's birthday. We were at a buffet, so I got salad, steamed veggies, and some chicken. The only thing I ate that I didn't feel was a good choice was dinner rolls (two of 'em, I'll admit!).
Dinner: ended up being pizza (again!!) because we were on the road all afternoon and evening. We do not normally eat so much pizza. I'm sure this hasn't helped me lose any weight this week.
Snack: an orange

Day 6:
Breakfast: fruit smoothie, but this time I added some organic plain yogurt to it instead of juice, to try out getting some protein (an experiment)
Snack: homemade honey whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter
Lunch: organic green salad with some leftover meatballs chopped up, also a Roma tomato
Snack: half a bagel (not whole wheat)

I'm not having any withdrawal symptoms, though I am having small twinges every now and then of wishing I could have something sugary. My guess is that I'm having no withdrawal because I'm still having some items with sugar somewhere in the ingredients (albeit small amounts). Considering that I wasn't set up properly to eat sugar-free with the groceries I have on hand, I feel that I'm doing well progressing on my goal.

No comments: